The research on human body is a quest that continues to astonish us with its intriguing findings.
The ultimate machine that it is, the body carries out thousands of functions in the most bizarre manner that never fails to boggle our limited understanding of the exquisite piece of art that’s Mother Nature. Following are a few interesting facts about the human body.
1. Estrogen is said to be associated with better
memory. The hormone is present in larger
amounts in females leading to an easy
explanation for why females are better at
remembering minute details in comparison to
2. Your nose is capable of remembering
50,000 scents and they’re associated with
strong emotional memories.
3. According to renowned psychologist Edmund
Freud, our dreams are an unprecedented
reflection of our sub conscious mind. What
you dream exhibits your darkest desires
buried so deep that it’s inaccessible through
the conscious mind.
4. Our body possesses enough iron to
make a 3 inch long metal nail.
5. The strongest muscle in the body is the
Masseter (Jaw muscle).
6. If uncoiled, your DNA would stretch 10
billion miles. That’s equal to a round trip
between earth and Pluto.
7. The hydrogen in our body was synthesized in
the event of big bang. The likes of carbon
and oxygen blasted across space when the
giant stars went supernova which ended up
producing heavy metals like iron. Like Carl
Sagan said, We’re stardust of sorts, folks!
8. An average adult human body produces
enough thermal energy to bring half a gallon of
water to a boil.
9. Similar to possessing unique fingerprints,
each human also has unique tongue prints
that can be used for identification
10. Endorphins released during
intercourse act as strong painkillers that
relieve pain as severe as migraines.